Saturday, January 23, 2016

Tibetan Meditation Bowl - Hand Painted.




This singing bowl is almost perfect for meditation or simply eases away your stress.
I think that everyone who is new at this should research how to use it first. I did that and I will share what I learned.

The bowl is neither too heavy nor too light. The design is catchy but it hinders the efficiency of the bowl because when you move the wooden hammer along the edge, you can feel the painting on the bowl. The sound is not very smooth due to the painting.
To hold the bowl correct, open the palm of the hand that you will be holding the bowl with. The palm should be finger closed and straight so that only the bowl touches the palm in the center. Gently move the hammer along the edge of the bowl with consistency to create a soothing ringing.


The downside is the painting on the bowl because after using it a couple minutes my hand looked as if I have been reading the newspaper for a couple hours. The painting does come off and sticks to my hand. Washing may cause more mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment